- Posted by Dr. Nekessa Remy
- On January 26, 2017
My new favorite piece of exercise equipment has got to be the Flex bar. I have many patients coming into the office complaining of tennis elbow symptoms which are actually the result of using the ‘mouse’ on a computer. Thera-Band® FlexBar® is a flexible, durable resistance device with a ridged surface for enhanced grip during use. It is used to improve grip strength and upper extremity stabilization by bending, twisting, or oscillation movement. It has been research-proven effective for Tennis Elbow, offering a cost-effective treatment that requires no injection or expensive equipment.
Features and Uses:
- Improves grip strength and upper extremity strength
- Wrist, forearm, and hand rehabilitation
- Upper extremity stabilization
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Massage therapy
- Martial arts
- Sports grip strengthening
- Allows oscillation movements for neuro-muscular and balance training
- Provides soft tissue and joint mobilization
Please check out this exercise which is great for helping treat tennis elbow.
Repeat 10-15 times up to 3 times a day. Begin with the red FlexBar and progress to the next color when you can easily perform 3 sets of 15. Use ice or Biofreeze for any soreness. For more information tennis elbow rehabilitation please contact your Mississauga chiropractor at email@example.com
Remember, to get you back on your feet contact The Chiropractic Office!